Are you thinking of making a move to San Dimas? Or maybe you’re going to close on your home soon and want to know more about this new hometown of yours? Read on for our ultimate moving guide to the beautiful city of San Dimas, California!
Moving to San Dimas: The Guide
This guide will tell you everything you need to know about moving to San Dimas, California! Also perfect for those that call San Dimas and the Foothill Communities home… I know you will learn something new!
San Dimas Population:
Demographics of San Dimas
The racial makeup of San Dimas was 24,038 (72.0%) White with 52.3% being non-Hispanic white, 1,084 (3.2%) African American, 233 (0.7%) Native American, 3,496 (10.5%) Asian, 48 (0.1%) Pacific Islander, 2,828 (8.5%) from other races, and 1,644 (4.9%) from two or more races.
San Dimas Geography
San Dimas is a suburb of Los Angeles nestled along the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains, about 28 miles (45 km) east/northeast of Downtown Los Angeles and north of the Pacific Ocean. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 15.4 sq. mi.. 15.0 sq mi (39 km2) of it is land and 0.39 sq mi (1.0 km2) of water. Cinnamon Creek crosses the city, roughly parallel to the Arrow Highway, before reaching Cinnamon Falls near San Dimas Avenue.
San Dimas Weather
The hot season lasts for 3.0 months, from June 25 to September 23, with an average daily high temperature above 87°F. The hottest month in San Dimas is August, with an average high of 91°F and a low of 66°F.
The cold season lasts for 3.9 months, from November 22 to March 18, with an average daily high temperature below 71°F. The coldest month in San Dimas is December, with an average low of 45°F and a high of 66°F.
San Dimas Altitude
San Dimas sits at an altitude of 957’. The elevation of San Dimas is 957 feet above sea level.
Largest employers in San Dimas
Average Home Price in San Dimas
The average sale price of a home in San Dimas was $871K last month, up 9.6% since last year. The average sale price per square foot in San Dimas is $497, up 1.9% since last year.
San Dimas Commute Times
The warm San Dimas is Located about 33 minutes of drive to Los Angeles, San Dimas is only one hour from LAX, 19 minutes from Ontario Airport, and 30 minutes from Orange County.
Best Restaurants in San Dimas
- Ocean House Fish Grill – Ocean House Fish Grill is the place where great cooking and fantastic vibes meet.
- Rail Side Cafe – Rail Side Café offers the perfect patio for sipping iced lattes in the shade of big trees. It feels almost european! We love the croissant sandwich and matcha latte!
- Stubborn Mule – The Stubborn Mule is the best place to hang out with friends and watch your favorite sporting events.
- Lucky Elephant Thai Cuisine – delicious Thai food in a traditional Thai setting! A fun little getaway. Don’t miss their satay and mango sticky rice for dessert!
- Pozetto Italian Dining – specializing in authentic Northern Italian Cuisine, and Italian-American dishes, set in the heart of San Dimas.
- Baby Bros Pizza and Wings – The newest addition to the San Dimas restaurant scene, Baby Bros has already made a great name for itself. They serve the freshest ingredients the market has to offer.
- Twisted Sage Cafe – One of our favorite patios in San Dimas, plus excellent food! They serve traditional dishes with a little twist- sandwiches, burgers, salads, made from scratch soups, and freshly baked pastries. My favorite is the salmon pastrami! SO good. And the bacon waffle too!
Best Bars in San Dimas
- San Dimas Wine Shop & Tasting Room – This place is well known for its great service and friendly staff who are always ready to help you. They have a great wine selection and often host fun events!
- HIGHPOINT Brewing Company – The warm atmosphere of this bar makes guests feel relaxed and have a nice time. Many people find that the staff is knowledgeable at HIGHPOINT Brewing Company.
- Stubborn Mule – Come to this bar to taste good rib sandwiches, grilled chicken, and potato skins. Plus they serve a wide range of craft beer, wine and cocktails and they always show football on their huge TVs!
Family Friendly Activities in Glendora
- Families are in for a full day of fun at the Horsethief Canyon Park. Facilities include a soccer field, children’s playground, dog park, and picnic tables. Lots of big open spaces make this a great spot for a game of catch, tag, or relay racing.
- The San Dimas Library is a part of the County of Los Angeles Library system. Here you’ll find a designated children’s area along with a “Family Place.” (The Family Place offers special parent-child workshops, resources for parents, as well as programs, activities, and toys for little ones).
- The San Dimas Canyon Community Regional Park is made up of 138 acres. Families will enjoy a camping area, hiking trail, picnic spots, a children’s play area, and an animal sanctuary here
- Chaparral Lanes offers 48 lanes for bowling fun. In addition, you’ll enjoy food (there is an on-site cafe), music, and an arcade.
- Pioneer Park offers families many amenities to keep you busy all day long. Within these 5 acres, you’ll find tennis courts, barbecue grills, basketball courts, a baseball field, a skate park, and a children’s playground.
- If your child is interested in trains, you’ll want to plan to visit the Pacific Railroad Society Museum. Families will view a variety of artifacts and exhibits all related to railroads.
- Rockin’ Jump is an indoor trampoline park. In this facility, you can jump, soar, play trampoline dodgeball, do flips and somersaults, and more. They are also a popular venue for birthday parties.
Outdoor Activities in San Dimas
- The Frank G. Bonelli Regional Park isn’t your run-of-the-mill neighborhood park. Within this 1,800-acre facility, you’ll find a 250-acre lake (Puddingstone Lake), 14 miles of multi-use trails, and more. It’s the perfect spot for nature walks, hiking, family picnics, and boating.
- Families will enjoy the big open green spaces here at Via Verde Park. You’ll find picnic tables, 2 children’s playgrounds, a soccer field, and a walking/jogging path.
- Raging Waters is considered to be the largest water park in California. You’ll find 50 acres of slides, rides, attractions, and a sand beach all set for family fun. Parents will feel comfortable knowing that young children have their fun areas including Kid’s Kingdom and Splash Island.
- Mark your calendars for April, when the San Dimas Farmers Market will resume. The Farmers Market is held each Wednesday evening and offers fresh produce, prepared foods, and a live band to entertain shoppers. Last season, the Farmers Market also offered a bounce house and inflatable slide!
San Dimas Gyms
- The Body Vault: At the Body Vault, we believe boot camps are more than just intervals of running laps, doing push-ups, and some sit-ups!
- The Crunch gym: The Crunch gym in San Dimas, CA fuses fitness and fun with certified personal trainers, awesome group fitness classes, a “no judgments” philosophy, and gym memberships.
- Planet Fitness: All Planet Fitness members enjoy unlimited access to their home club and the support of our friendly, knowledgeable staff anytime they need it.
San Dimas Open Spaces & Hiking Trails
- Michael D. Antonovich Trail
- Cobalt Canyon Motorway
- Bonelli Park Loop
- San Dimas Canyon Park Trail
- Bonelli Perimeter Loop
San Dimas School District
Bonita Unified School District is a highly rated, public school district located in SAN DIMAS, CA. It has 9,669 students in grades K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 59% of students are at least proficient in math and 70% in reading.
Universities and colleges in and near San Dimas
Highest Rated Schools in San Dimas
The highest-rated schools in San Dimas are as follows:
Arma J. Shull Elementary School with a ranking of 9/10
Lone Hill Middle School with a ranking of 8/10
San Dimas High School with a ranking of 8/10
Elementary Schools in San Dimas
San Dimas Unified School District serves its population with seven elementary schools as listed below:
Middle Schools in San Dimas
High Schools in San Dimas
Private Schools in San Dimas
Neighborhoods in San Dimas
MESA OAKS / WEST SAN DIMAS
Many things matter about a neighborhood, but the first thing most people notice is the way a neighborhood looks and its particular character. For example, one might notice whether the buildings all date from a certain period or whether shop signs are in multiple languages. This particular neighborhood in San Dimas, the Mesa Oaks / West San Dimas neighborhood, has some outstanding things about the way it looks and it’s way of life that are worth highlighting.
SAN DIMAS SOUTH
Some places look the same, but they only reveal their true character after living in them for a while because they contain a unique mix of occupational or cultural groups. This neighborhood is very unique in some important ways, according to NeighborhoodScout’s exclusive exploration and analysis.
SAN DIMAS NORTH
This neighborhood has some cool things about the way it looks and feels as revealed by NeighborhoodScout’s exclusive research. This might include anything from the housing stock to the types of households living here to how people get around.
SAN DIMAS EAST
Did you know that the San Dimas East neighborhood has more Slovak and British ancestry people living in it than nearly any neighborhood in America? It’s true! 1.4% of this neighborhood’s residents have Slovak ancestry and 2.6% have British ancestry.
SAN DIMAS SOUTHWEST
The real estate in this neighborhood consists of more mobile homes than 98.0% of all neighborhoods in America, with 42.2% of the occupied housing here being classified as mobile homes. So if you are looking for a mobile home, or you like the look and feel of mobile home parks, this neighborhood might have the setting you desire.
Real Estate in San Dimas
The median price for a home in San Dimas is around $782,846. The lowest-priced homes in San Dimas are about $499,000 and the highest-priced homes in San Dimas are custom estates that can go for prices in the tens of millions of dollars.
Apps to use in San Dimas
From hiking info to liquor delivery, they really will make your life in San Dimas more fun and exciting!
- My San Dimas: See a pothole that needs filling? Graffiti making a mess of your neighborhood? Tap right into your city and report the issue fast with My San Dimas!
- All Trails: Find San Dimas hikes you haven’t discovered yet!
- Habit Burger Grill: Delicious chargrilled burgers over an open flame. A must-have for your cravings!
- Single Care: Super-smart system and close relationships with the big pharmacies mean we can set lower prices on tens of thousands of drugs.
- Moovit: getting you to your destination in the smoothest way possible, by combining all options for real-time trip planning and payment in one app
Utility services in San Dimas
Electricity service in the city of San Dimas is provided by Southern California Edison.
Natural gas service in the city of San Dimas is provided by The Southern California Gas Company.
Water service in the city of San Dimas is provided by the Golden State Water Company
Trash service in the city of San Dimas is provided by Waste Management
Internet Service Providers in San Dimas
Internet and cable services in San Dimas are provided by Spectrum
Internet and cable services in San Dimas are provided by Frontier
San Dimas Police Department
The San Dimas Police Department can be contacted at this address or the phone numbers below.
SAN DIMAS SHERIFF’S STATION
270 S Walnut Ave. San Dimas, CA 91773-2646
San Dimas Fire Department
Fire services in the City of San Dimas are provided by the Los Angeles County Fire Department. The Department provides full fire protection services including air and wildland fire support, emergency medical, and fire prevention. The Department also has countywide resources that may be called upon if needed.
You may contact the San Dimas Fire Stations at the following:
164 S. Walnut Avenue
San Dimas, CA 91773
1124 W. Puente
San Dimas, CA 91773
For emergency calls only, dial 911.