This guide will tell you everything you need to know about moving to Glendora, California! The ultimate moving guide is perfect for those that call Glendora home. I know you will learn something new!
The poplulation of Glendora is 51,000 people.
Demographics of Glendora
The median age of people living in Glendora is 41.4 years. The median household income in Glendora is $92,674. The 5 largest ethnic groups in Glendora, CA are White (Non-Hispanic) (49.2%), White (Hispanic) (21.6%), Asian (Non-Hispanic) (10.4%), Other (Hispanic) (8.68%), and Two+ (Non-Hispanic) (3.63%).
Glendora is located in the eastern end of the San Gabriel Valley, at the base of the San Gabriel Mountains, between the San Gabriel foothills and the South Hills Wilderness Park. Just 26 miles east of Los Angeles, Glendora is a leafy suburb with easy access to the Angeles National Forest, Mount Baldy, many reservoirs including Dalton Reservoir, Thompson Reservoir and the San Gabriel Reservoir.
The people of Glendora enjoy a Mediterranean Climate of hotter summers and slightly cool winters. The average summer temperature is highs in the high 80s/low 90s and lows in the high 50s/low 60s. In the winter, Glendora temperatures are highs in the high 60s/low 70s and lows in the high 40s/low 50s. Rainfall happens mostly in the winter months of January & February. June is the month in which Glendora gets its most sunshine- 14.5 hours of sunshine to be exact. In December and January, Glendora gets only 10 hours of sunshine per day.
Glendora sits at an altitude of 774’. The elevation of Glendora is 774 feet above sea level.
Largest employers in Glendora
Average Home Price in Glendora
The median home price in Glendora, California is $765,500. Home prices start at around $550,000 for a 1,500 square foot townhome or single family residence, and can go up to the tens of millions of dollars for custom luxury estates in the private gated communities in the foothills of Glendora.
Glendora Commute Times
Glendora’s charm is easily accessible to all Southern California has to offer. Located about 35 minutes northeast of Los Angeles, Glendora is only one hour from LAX, 20 minutes from Ontario Airport and 25 minutes from Orange County. The Metro Gold Line is available from neighboring Azusa into downtown Los Angeles and only takes 45 minutes.
Best Restaurants in Glendora
- Clubhouse 66: American comfort food with an upscale twist. Full bar and live music add to the ambience!
- T. Phillip’s Glendora: Great happy hour with great beer & wine list and cocktails. Dinner, brunch, afternoon tea, they’ve got it all!
- Frisella’s Roastery: Chicken, burgers, ribs, and a splash of Mexican food. This is a casual place with a great selection of fried things- zucchini, onion rings, fries, and more!
- Glendora Continental: Basque cuisine open for dinner only, plus a bar and lounge open late!
- Eden Garden Bar & Grill: Huge beautiful patio for your big family dinners. Excellent mediterranean food and hookah too.
- Luca Bella Glendora: Fine Italian food for breakfast, lunch and dinner open in the Glendora Village.
- Village Eatery Glendora: Extensive breakfast options, sandwiches for lunch, everything is fresh and delicious!
- Waffas Kitchen: It was voted ‘best Mediterranean’ in all of the San Gabriel Valley!
- Belly Bombz: Located in the Glendora Public Market, this Korean inspired burger and wings joint is delish.
- Flappy Jack’s Pancake House: Classic breakfast joint on Route 66. Come for the french toast, stay for the bottomless coffee.
Best Bars in Glendora
- Britestar Tavern: Dive bar with karaoke, paint nights, and all Dodger games!
- Our Place Cocktails: Classic dive with all the sports and beer your heart desires
- The Wheel Glendora: All you could ever want in a dive bar: pool table, juke box & cheap stiff drinks
- Cheers Sports Bar: Bring your own food and enjoy a draft beer at this casual dive bar.
Family Friendly Activities in Glendora
- Glendora Bougainvillea: Brought to America via a whaling ship in 1870, you can now viisit the largest growth of this exotic plant in the entire United States for free!
- Take the whole family golfing at Glen Oaks Golf & Learning Center in Glendora
- Do the Glendora Village Walking Tour in what’s known as the country’s most welcoming downtown!
- Visit the Glendora Historical Society to learn more about your new home.
- Check out the selection of books at the Glendora Public Library.
- Watch live performances at the Haugh Performing Arts Center.
- Take an art class at Drawn 2 Art.
- Visit the largest Moreton Fig Tree this side of the Mississippi at the aptly named Big Tree Park.
- Visit the Children’s Forest in the San Gabriel National Forest!
- Play basketball, volleyball, soccer, or just mess around at Gladstone Park!
- Families can play tennis, softball, basketball & horseshoes at Finkbiner Park in Glendora.
- For little kids, enjoy the indoor playground and learning pods at Circle Time.
- Take a class or sign up for “dirt camp” at the City of Glendora Recreation and Human Services.
- Do some gymnastics at GymTots.
- Visit the Glendora Public Market for a variety of tastes! They have boba, beer, burgers, fried chicken, fish tacos, coffee, bagels, ice cream, sushi and more!
Outdoor Activities in Glendora
- Summer Concerts at Finkbiner Park
- Movies in the Park
- Watch the Glendora Christmas parade or enter yourself!
- Check out the Glendora Christmas Light show that has been going on for 14 years!
- Visit Glendora’s Botanic Garden & Arboretum
- Go to Glendorafest! It’s like Oktoberfest, but better!
- Golf 18 holes at Glendora Country Club
- Orangetheory Fitness Glendora: group HIIT classes with loud music and upbeat atmosphere. Featuring rowing machines, treadmills and free weights.
- Crossfit Glendora: Back to basics with a 1 hour full body workout of the day (WOD) that’s different each day to keep you on your toes!
- LA Fitness Glendora: the classic gym you know and love with kids club, pool, basketball, all the good stuff under one roof!
- Village Fitness: combined with a physical therapy office, this really is a one stop shop. The gym caters to one-on-one clients, small groups and senior citizens!
- Fit Gym Glendora: Aerobic group classes like zumba, body sculpt & yoga.
- Balance & Grace Pilates: Reformer, mat pilates, and barre classes.
- King’s Fitness: Indoor & outdoor training areas for the heavy lifters.
- 24 Hour Fitness: Whirlpool, sauna, steam rooms and outdoor workout areas!
Glendora Open Spaces & Hiking Trails
- Poop Out Trail
- Mystic Canyon Trail
- Colby & Dalton Canyon Trail
- Bonnie Cove West Trail
- Keiser Trail
- Glendora Walking Routes & Guides in the city
- Glendora South Hills Wilderness Park map
- Glendora North Hills Trail Area map
- City of Glendora Trail information
Glendora School Districts
Universities and colleges in and near Glendora
Glendora is home to Citrus College, the oldest community college in Los Angeles County and the fifth oldest in the State of California! With an annual enrollment of about 20,000 students, there are many associate’s degree programs, transfer programs, and professional accreditation programs to choose from. The campus sits on 104 acres and has 7 outdoor sports facilities and 44 classroom and administrative buildings.
Glendora is ideally positioned in between many other colleges and universities, as follows:
Highest Rated Schools in Glendora
The highest rated schools in Glendora are as follows:
- Washington Elementary School with a ranking of 8/10
- Cullen Elementary School with a ranking of 8/10
- Goddard Middle School with a ranking of 8/10
- Glendora High School with a ranking of 9/10
Elementary Schools in Glendora
Glendora Unified School District serves its population with seven elementary schools as listed below:
Middle Schools in Glendora
High Schools in Glendora
There are two high schools in Glendora, Glendora High School and Whitcomb Continuation High School. The tight knit community of Glendora loves to support the Glendora High School Athletics! The Glendora community favorites are sports like Basketball, Football and Baseball at Glendora High School.
Private Schools in Glendora
Home to the best private schools in the San Gabriel Valley, Glendora has many to choose from. See below:
- Hope Lutheran Elementary School
- Foothill Christian School
- Grace Lutheran Preschool & Kindergarten
- St. Dorothy Elementary School
- St. Lucys Priory High School
Neighborhoods in Glendora
Morgan Ranch, Glendora
Morgan Ranch is a beautiful serene community in eastern Glendora just north of Glendora Country Club. Homes here are gracious and elegant and come in all different styles.
Gordon Highlands, Glendora
Situated in the hills above Morgan Ranch, the hillside location of Gordon Highlands is luxurious and the gated security ensures privacy to its residents. Each lot is a minimum of 1.5 acres and the custom estate homes built here are second to none.
Bluebird Hill, Glendora
Just off of Glendora Mountain Road at the base of the foothills sits Bluebird Hill. The property was once used as hunting ground for early Glendora residents. This gated community boasts a variety of home styles, lots of mature oak trees, and impressive wilderness and city views.
Silent Ranch Estates, Glendora
The prestigious gated community of Silent Ranch Estates in Glendora sits at a high elevation with unobstructed views of Los Angeles and the San Gabriel Valley below. Each lot is 1.5 acres at a minimum and the estate homes are custom built for an desirable outdoor Glendora lifestyle.
Oak Tree Rancho, Glendora
A gorgeous part of Glendora with large lots and plenty of mature oaks to keep your property shady through summer.
Oakhart Estates, Glendora
Charming newer gated community with just 21 single family residences. Privacy and luxury are valued in this upscale neighborhood.
Other neighborhoods in Glendora are as follows:
Easley Canyon Estates, Glendora
Glendora Country Club Estates
Elwood Village, Glendora
South Cullen & Colorado, Glendora
Glendora Big Tree
Washington Ave, Glendora
South Sunflower, Glendora
North Glendora Goddard
Glendora Mountain Road
North Bluebird, Glendora
Sierra Madre-Grand, Glendora
La Fetra, Glendora
Country Club/Wildwood Canyon, Glendora
North Foothill, Glendora
Verdugo Hacienda, Glendora
East Mountain View Ave, Glendora
North Country Club Road, Glendora
Whitcomb Ave, Glendora
Bennet Ave, Glendora
North Penn St, Glendora
North Vermont Ave, Glendora
Real Estate in Glendora
The median price for a home in Glendora is around $765,500. The lowest priced homes in Glendora are about $550,000 and the highest priced homes in Glendora are custom estates that can go for prices in the tens of millions of dollars.
Homes for Sale in Glendora
No matter the area, price point or style you’re going for we can help you find a home in Glendora. You can search all of the homes currently on the market in the Foothill Community of Glendora by clicking the button below. If you’d rather have a customized report emailed, fill out the form below and we will get in touch!
Apps to use for living in Glendora
From hiking info to liquor delivery, they really will make your life in Glendora more fun and exciting!
- All Trails : Find Glendora hikes you haven’t discovered yet!
- Map My Hike : Helps you figure out how far you went and how much you burned!
- California Farmer’s Market Finder : Find a CA Certified Farmer’s Market near Glendora!
- Taco Locator : Fairly obvious from the name, no?!
- In N Out : If you can’t smell the grilled onions, this will take you to them.
- Drizly : Liquor delivery to Glendora on demand. Need we say more?!
- MyLA311 : Use the city info tab to get info on parks, police stations, libraries & pools in Glendora!
- KCRW : Stream LA’s commute soundtrack straight to your phone.
- Mousewait : Tells you how crowded Disneyland is and helps you find the best day/time to go! Love that it’s only 25 minutes from Glendora!
- GasBuddy : Helps you find the cheapest gas around the Glendora area!
Utility services in Glendora
Electricity service in the city of Glendora is provided by Southern California Edison.
Natural gas service in the city of Glendora is provided by The Southern California Gas Company.
Water service in the city of Glendora is provided by the Water Department at the City of Glendora.
Trash service in the city of Glendora is provided by Athens Services.
Internet Service Providers in Glendora
Internet and cable in Glendora are provided by Spectrum:
Internet and cable in Glendora are provided by Frontier:
Glendora Police Department
The Glendora Police Department can be contacted at this address or at the phone numbers below. The Police Department also operates a Facebook page with tips and info that is useful.
150 S. Glendora Avenue
Glendora, CA 91741
For emergencies, dial 9-1-1
Non-emergencies dial (626) 914-8250
Traffic division (626) 914-8277
Glendora Fire Department
The City of Glendora is a member of the Los Angeles County Fire Department and has three Fire Stations within city limits. The addresses and phone numbers for Glendora fire stations are below, and the Glendora Fire Station 151 Facebook page is here.
231 W. Mountain View Avenue
Glendora, CA 91741
650 E. Gladstone Street
Glendora, CA 91741
520 S. Amelia Avenue
Glendora, CA 91741
The Glendora fire prevention division can be contacted here for brush clearance, plan check and capacity limitations:
EAST REGION GLENDORA
231 W. Mountain View Ave.
Glendora, CA 91741
- (626) 963-0067 | Phone
- (626) 335-7537 | Fax
- Plan Checker – Manny Moshrefi | (626) 963-5564
- Inspector – Thomas Hasan | (626) 963-0067