All over the Foothills are quaint breakfast spots just waiting to be discovered! Claremont, La Verne, Upland, Glendora and San Dimas breakfast spots are all on our list of the best. We know it’s not good to skip breakfast, but sometimes it’s hard to decide where to go in the foothills to find the best breakfast. Worry not, because we have found you the best breakfast spots in the foothill communities and they are listed below. Comment below with your favorite place if we missed it!
Best Breakfast Spots in Your Foothill Community
• Molly’s Souper: This classic Upland establishment is inside of a house that was built in 1880. The indoor dining room is gorgeous and- you guessed it- homey. But the real charm of this restaurant is the outdoor patio! Dogs are welcome to join you as you enjoy excellent coffee, eggs, and the best waffles in all of Upland!
• Iron & Kin: Their breakfast has to be good to be featured on this list- especially because they only serve it on the weekends! The lattes at Iron & Kin are to die for- such interesting and well balanced flavors. During the week, they sell fresh pastries in the case but we’ve never made it there early enough to eat any! They sell out quickly. On the weekends, it’s a different story at the Packing House coffee shop. The brunch they serve at Iron & Kin is epic, flavorful, and a whole culinary experience. The (fanciest ever) avocado toast is the menu item I’d recommend the most *chef’s kiss*! But everything is excellent. Pair your breakfast with the Kindhearted Latte with oat milk and you won’t be disappointed!
• Honeybird: Not only do they have the best fried chicken in the foothills, but they just might have the best brunch in the foothills too. Located in the new Claremont village, Honeybird offers a southern take on brunch (weekends only). The chicken & waffles is expected, although insanely delicious, but our favorite has to be the creme brulee french toast. Yes, you read that right, CREME BRULEE FRENCH TOAST is a thing and it’s at Honeybird in Claremont and you MUST try it! So good.
• La Creperie: La Verne is better for this restaurant. If I’m going out with friends and we can’t decide on a place, this one always settles it. La Creperie Cafe has something for everyone! Egg dishes, great coffee, mimosas, sweet AND savory crepes. And here’s the kicker: they’re all so good! I am never disappointed by an order here and I highly recommend a visit! My favorite dish is the crepe madame… like a Croque Madama sandwich but in crepe form, so even better.
• Wahfles: All that needs to be said is to order the creme brulee waffle and a french press of coffee. Thank me later. But really, this place is magnificent. They have turned waffles into fancy dessert items AND rosemary scented sandwich holders. Who knew savory waffles would make the BEST sandwiches?! Breakfast or lunch you can’t go wrong at Wahfles in La Verne.
• Twisted Sage Cafe: The patio makes a great place for a quick meeting or breakfast date. Twisted Sage in San Dimas has a diverse menu but every time I go I always order the breakfast burrito and I am never disappointed! I also tried the bacon waffle recently and it was AMAZING. It’s a waffle with crispy bacon bits all throughout the batter. Genius and delicious! Another tip: if you’re there near lunchtime try the salmon pastrami instead of breakfast. It’s life-changing. The red potatoes are excellent too. Really can’t go wrong here with the menu and excellent service.
• Village Eatery: Glendora’s staple is not to be missed. The breakfast served at the Village Eatery is fresh with local ingredients and tons of options. My favorite is the croissant french toast- it’s served with raspberries and cream cheese and could anything be more decadent or delicious?! Their country scramble is good for those in the mood for a savory dish. Plus the whole place can be rented out, maybe for a baby shower or birthday party?! Definitely worth a visit on those days when you just cannot with making breakfast.
I hope this list of best breakfast spots in the Foothill Community has inspired you to go enjoy a nice breakfast out one day soon! If you’re looking for outdoor dining options in Claremont, click here for our blog post on it. If you have dogs you love to bring out with you, we also have a list of pup-friendly establishments here.
Have a great breakfast- it’s the most important meal of the day!